Monday 9 November 2020

Do you have what it takes help like a true expert?

They should be more than a little bit scary, and they should get your attention: Cardiovascular disease (heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular disease) killed 17. By 2030, that number is expected to increase by more than one-third to 23. Although most of us think of heart disease as the product of a relatively opulent Western lifestyle, 85% of cardiovascular disease deaths take place in low- and middle-income countries. It claims more lives than all types of cancers combined. Nearly half of all African-American adults have some form of cardiovascular disease. So, should we be afraid of heart disease? You bet we should, for all the grim reasons cited above. Is there anything you can do to prevent this onward march of death? Absolutely! Lift the chest up and press the chest into the hands as you start to lean back. Keep pressing the hips forward as well, trying to keep the hips directly over the knees. Think about lengthening up the spine as you're leaning back. Continue looking forward for this first preparation part of the pose. Take three to five deep breaths, and then slowly lift the body up and release back down onto the haunches. If that much was challenging, continue to work with the preparation part of the pose until the spine is strengthened and toned. If that much was easeful for you, consider deepening the pose. The next time you lift up and open the spine, bend back as if you're bending over a beach ball. Reach the hands down to the feet. Take your thumbs and press them deeply into the hollows on the insides of the Achilles tendons.

My father passed away in December of racism. He was only fifty-three years old, and he passed of racism. I looked around and saw heads nodding left and right. The standing room-only crowd of 300 not only understood what was being said by the speaker, but was in full agreement. I paused and took it in, realizing I'd never heard something so personally and pointedly shared before. I was in Detroit for the 2010 U. Social Forum--a gathering of thousands of activists and organizers interested in building a broader social justice movement. The speaker was Patrisse Cullors, a self-identified working-class, queer Black woman and community organizer. Three years later, Cullors would go on to cofound Black Lives Matter with Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi, both African American activists who've organized around rights for domestic workers, immigrant rights, and ending police brutality and violence against queer and transgender people of color. I was increasingly working with social justice organizers who were healing their own trauma, and I had come to the forum wanting to deepen my understanding of how I'd been shaped by systems of privilege and oppression. Lifting a shovel full of heavy snow is too difficult. Hopefully, snow and ice will not prevent you from accomplishing light outdoor activities. Out and About (Tips 280-365) Getting out of the house is the key to your recovery. The more you relate to others, the easier it will be to continue. It is a good idea to forget about stroke issues for a while. Put on your coat and get out of the house. You will be pleasantly surprised. Don't forget to bring your cell phone or smartphone. Using a Smartphone, Cell Phone, or Telephone (Tips 280-292)

While your nervous system was struggling to cope under the weight of it, I lent you mine, and for a little while--even if only for a little while--it relieved some of the pressure for you, didn't it? It's like we sit in this room together and there is a one-way mirror between us: she seems to see into me, feel what I'm feeling, sensing what I'm thinking. And in return she is a blank wall. It's helpful that she's spelling it out for me like this. I know that she wears her emotions on her face. It's just that I am illiterate to them. The idea sounds appealing, but I still don't know what she means. Can I play this now as my trump card? I shrug, but look away. Why do you feel connected to me? Sophie has dated Adam for about six weeks and likes him a lot, but she realizes she should focus on treating her BPD before getting serious with someone. Because she hasn't been with him a long time and they haven't gotten that serious, she decides to reveal only a couple of details about her BPD. Adam pulls up to the emergency entrance of the hospital. A nurse walks Sophie, Adam's girlfriend, out and helps her into the car. Let me take you home, Adam says when the door closes, I'm so sorry that I didn't call you last week. You know how much I love you. I want us to work out. I was so scared when you called me. Why did you do it? Why did you cut yourself?

My Solo Medical Practice and Three Employees Today, I work as a physician in my own practice. I bought this particular practice from another physician ten years ago. I currently do not have any partners, but I have three assistants. My job includes everything from treating patients to managing the practice and my employees. I previously worked in group practices, where I was an employee. On a day-to-day basis, I spend most of my time treating patients. This includes interviewing them, assigning a diagnosis, discussing treatment options, and administering treatment. Treatments may include surgery, and I am on staff at the local hospital where I do my surgeries. As part of the medical staff, I attend meetings with the other physicians and do consultations at the hospital. The evolution of legs in humans serves two purposes: to advance to obtain food and escape danger. Because the human brain is hard-wired to achieve these two goals-moving in the direction we want, and away from the direction we don't want-how a person uses their legs and feet to reveal where they want to go. In other words, they indicate that a person is committed to leaving or staying in a conversation. An open or uncrossed leg posture indicates a relaxed or dominant posture, while a crossed post indicates a closed attitude of uncertainty. Four Main Positions Parallel Attitude The parallel posture is the subordinate position, in which the legs are straight, and the feet are placed together. This is a formal position that shows a neutral attitude. It is taken by students who talk to teachers, report to your commander or stand in front of a judge awaiting judgment. Placing your feet together will lower the basis of standing and make your posture more unstable.

It wants us to stay as we are, because we've survived as we are. But I'm not under attack any more. It just feels like it. But I'm not. So I can do more than survive. But to do that, I need new strategies. Not the same old, same old ones. They helped me survive then, but they don't help me thrive now. She's used to my tangents so says nothing. Often, one glimpse leads to three or five or ten. Lifestyle choices are probably the greatest strategy for heart disease prevention. Here are the simple ones that you probably already know, but you hope they don't apply to you: The Super 7 Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease Don't smoke! Get moving! Exercise at least 30 minutes every day. Eat less sugar, more fruits, veggies, whole grains, and healthy fats. Control your weight. Control your blood pressure. Control your cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.