Tuesday 10 November 2020

Pre Qualify People In your Life

These were people who had done a lot of camping, people who grew up in more rural areas of the country or world, people whose parents were doctors and nurses. Here's one of those stories: My parents were nurses and we have a lot of medical people in my extended family--I think I was raised with the idea that germs and bacteria aren't all bad. Totally ate food off the floor if it fell, got in the dirt a lot, went camping and got dirty a lot, etc I also don't wear Band-Aids very much, which I never thought was weird until someone pointed it out. Instead I clean a wound with a really strong antiseptic like Hibiclens and let the air take care of it. Maybe just a lot of faith in the body's ability to take care of things? I do wash my hands often because I work with children and grew up watching my parents do it so thoroughly. That said, I'm definitely privileged in that I was blessed with a healthy body and immune system, which is a big part of it. I also have been known to pick up a piece of random food on pretty much any table and pop it in my mouth to see what it is. There's lots of resentment and anger that I'll never fully understand because, well, my mom is dead and I've never asked for the full story. But I know that it affected us all. Outside of my black sheep inheritance, I was the lil' cute-but-bratty girl who thought she knew everything and rolled her eyes a little too hard at the adults whenever she was asked to do something she didn't want to do. And I always managed to get caught, too. I was one of those self-indulged grandkids who always bailed when it was family day at grandma's church. It was mom's fault, she said I didn't have to go if I didn't want to. So I didn't. I was also the one who left the small town that birthed me in search of something more and didn't look back. So since I was the black sheep, I didn't expect the support of my family outside of my parents and my brother. Until I saw what support really was and what it felt like. If we go back to our example where the bathtub is the stock, then the rate at which the faucet delivers water into the tub is the flow.

The stock in this sense is not the bathtub itself but the water that gathers in it. If you plug the tub and leave the faucet open, the water level increases and eventually overflows. If you unplug the bathtub and stop water from running, the stock of water will decrease. If you unplug the bathtub but leave the faucet running, the water level will increase, decrease, or stay the same depending on the speed of the inflow and the outflow. Let's look at another example--like your bank account. The savings account increases in value as you put money in. If, let's say, you never spend and just save--so the money input stays at a constant rate--you'll experience a linear increase in your savings account over time. The first model we'll talk about is called the Theory of Constraints. This theory talks about how every system is limited by different constraints. We now ask ourselves, why should we change our habits and look for something unknown? Well, here I have to mention my favorite saying, or instruction, or Regula, as given by the Catholic Church. Before doing so, I want to say that I myself blindly believed and accepted all sayings, all quotes, from all sources; I believed this until six or six and a half years ago. As I was slowly reaching higher levels of understanding, one day, a Catholic Regula came to my mind and struck me: Follow the proven path! I got confused. I started thinking, what does that really mean? In that moment it came to me. I should eat Wiener schnitzel for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I got up and approached her with a smile.

She returned my smile affectionately. Something within me already knew that she had the answer. The excitement made me forget my strategy to begin with small talk first. Can you tell me what the meaning of life is? Placing her right palm over my head she said, `How old are you, son? I responded instantly, `Nineteen-and-a-half. She crinkled her eyes and laughed. Trust me, as you grow older you will stop adding and a half. Later, you'll be omitting real numbers. This requires a multifaceted approach to address the roots of the issues plaguing society and inherited by our youth. We need not wait. Improving mental health and addressing trauma--the root of violence--can begin immediately. With the proliferation of research in neuroplasticity, brain science, mindfulness-based stress reduction, resilience factors, trauma and relationship repair; Inspired by adults and students alike coming forward to tell their trauma stories, Brain-Changing Strategies is calling all school districts everywhere to address the underlying mental health pandemic and social relationship failures plaguing our students, families, and communities around the world. Let us work together to create trauma-responsive schools that transcend the status quo. Whether students are symptomatic or not, when we all grow in kindness, self-awareness, and empathy for others and help everyone reach their optimal potential, the mental health of the community as a whole improves. When educators and students grow in compassion, integrity, and social consciousness, they contribute to making schools safer. How can this be achieved? This question will be answered throughout this article. When you have trouble getting over all of those horrible names you were called as a kid, you keep hearing those hurtful comments whenever you meet new people.

This holds you in your own emotional prison of negativity, which ensures that you continue to dwell only on negative events, thoughts, and feelings. When you continue to Holding onto those negative memories, it can definitely lead to mental health issues because you will continue to experience all of those negative emotions. You have to learn how to replace the negative thoughts with positive ones, this will take some time, but like everything else, if you are consistent, it will become easier for you to do. You should not get into the habit of thinking of something that made you miserable and allow it to remain in your spirit. When it enters into your mind, allow yourself to feel the emotion for a moment, do not get stuck there, remind yourself that you have made it through those times. Once you make a consistent effort to practice doing this, you will begin to talk yourself out of reacting negatively or harshly to many situations as well as other people. Feelings and Actions You need to be mindful of the fact that there is a difference between having a thought and experiencing a feeling, which may cause you to take action. Everyone has had some kind of horrible thoughts; The people you talk to every day are the ones you are going to think about the most. If you have not seen someone in a long time, you are going to start forgetting things about them because they are a part of the past, and your mind is preoccupied with what is going on in the present. Whenever your current circle of friends has a poor influence on you, it is time to find a new one. Similarly, sometimes we need a new circle of thoughts because the ones you have are bringing you down. It is important to talk about how to control one of the most unpleasant aspects of having the ability to remember, and that is being reminded of something you want to forget. It can be as big as having said something very hurtful to someone or as small as tripping over in public. If you have ever relived an embarrassing memory, I do not need to tell you that it is an unpleasant experience and one you feel like you cannot get away from. Telling it to go away is going to have the opposite effect. That is why you need to distract yourself from it. You might need to say a phrase out loud to break the spell. So half of this reading audience is probably nauseated now.

And finally, there was the person who was the most adamant about not drinking the water, even though she acknowledged that it was probably totally fine. My strong preference against old water was formed as a young girl just based on taste. Later I formed an actual paranoid delusion about water based on my anxiety disorder. For a time I didn't trust that water was safe to drink if it had been sitting out. When my anxiety got really bad I convinced myself that the water was actually poisoned and would kill me. Now that I've got the anxiety under check, it's a little less nuts, but I still dislike drinking water that's been sitting out. It's mostly taste related but also that I don't want to drink water that has been exposed to dust, pets, and my own mouth bacteria. We're complicated creatures, and our reactions to things are rooted in long histories and complex emotions. After hearing the variety of stories, and especially this last one, people in the drinkers camp saw the question differently and admitted that personal circumstances inevitably inform our default positions even when they feel purely logical after the fact. I had found this new support by way of the World Wide Web, and that support unabashedly stood up for me when I was in my darkest days of grief. It felt fucking fantastic. When I couldn't get out of bed and I'd post cryptic social media messages, my Twitter followers knew. My Instagram followers knew. My Facearticle followers knew. They'd send me messages over and over again until I responded to them saying that I was ok. And even after those messages, they'd message me again in a few days just to be sure that I wasn't lying to them. I thought about all the times my family called to check on me after my mom died. It was zero freaking times. Not once had any of my family on my mom's side called to check on me and my grief. One constraint, however, is going to be tighter than all of the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.