Friday 6 November 2020

I Don't Want to Have to Wait

Oriental medicine offers highly effective treatment options for victims of strokes. Stroke is the common name for a cerebrovascular accident (CVA), which damages the brain by limiting the blood supply. Stroke affects 500,000 people each year, is the third-leading cause of death in the United States each year, and is the leading cause of adult disability. A stroke is a medical emergency and has a critical window of time when you need to recognize the warning signs and seek treatment. The side and portion of the brain affected will determine the exact symptoms. Sudden onset of numbness Weakness or clumsiness in one or both sides Double vision I'd feel cleaner; I would have more time to do the things I want; I wouldn't resent people; I would be kinder; I wouldn't rebel and say no over such petty things; I think overall I would be more generous; I couldn't feel like a martyr; I'd be responsible for what happened to me; I couldn't blame anyone; I couldn't feel sorry for myself; Swift and only briefly painful. That's the pro.

The con is that we are likely not ready. Another con is that it can be heartbreaking and startling and horrible for those left behind. My humor here isn't meant to belittle a serious situation. Recently, one of my son's schoolmates died after he contracted a rare form of the plague. He was a healthy teenager one day, gone the next, and the utter confusion and sorrow that swirled around us all was intense and, frankly, did not seem bearable. Soon after, a friend (my first boyfriend from middle school, in fact) had a brain aneurysm. One day we were out dancing to eighties music, the next thing I knew, he was dead. The only thing I can say in the face of this complete shock is that we can all try to prepare for our own death, in case it is sudden. You're not defective. You're okay, just as you are. Dealing with denial The therapist looks at me as I splutter out my confession. I have used denial all my life to cope with my abuse. Now, a couple of years into therapy, I sit perched on the edge of a precipice. Will I free-fall into life without dissociation? She says nothing. Instead her eyes narrow and she breathes slowly and deeply, looking intently right into the front of my brain. I feel like she is trying to draw more out of me, before daring to respond. Sarah works in a lawyers' office as a paralegal and is always under a lot of stress. She forgot to submit a document to her boss, which had a deadline of three hours ago.

Naturally, Sarah's mind goes wild - My boss is going to be so angry! They are going to sit me down and fire me. I just signed a lease to my new apartment, and I can't afford to lose this job! I'm going to have to sell my car and move back in with my parents after this! But I hate living with my parents - they are going to drive me insane. I'll become so depressed, etc etc etc It is where mindfulness comes into play. Instead of spiraling at the thought of the mistake she made at work, she can focus on the task at hand. She would be able to reason with herself and think, Why am I so scared and stressed? Sarah works in a lawyers' office as a paralegal and is always under a lot of stress. She forgot to submit a document to her boss, which had a deadline of three hours ago. Naturally, Sarah's mind goes wild - My boss is going to be so angry! They are going to sit me down and fire me. I just signed a lease to my new apartment, and I can't afford to lose this job! I'm going to have to sell my car and move back in with my parents after this! But I hate living with my parents - they are going to drive me insane. I'll become so depressed, etc etc etc It is where mindfulness comes into play. Instead of spiraling at the thought of the mistake she made at work, she can focus on the task at hand. She would be able to reason with herself and think, Why am I so scared and stressed? Some research has indicated that people with BPD have more intense startle responses to events than people who don't have BPD. One study looked at the reactions of people when they were startled with unexpected static noise at the same time that they were shown a random series of words that had either neutral meanings (such as regular or collect) or negative meanings (such as abandon or hate).

People with BPD were more reactive to the sounds than the other group, especially when the words they saw had negative meanings. This study, which was reported in the journal Biological Psychiatry, concluded that the unstable emotional responses of people with BPD may be related to an exaggerated startle response. Nevertheless, current research on the issue of a possible increased startle response among those with BPD remains inconclusive. Other research has failed to demonstrate that people with BPD have stronger bodily responses following the same types of events. For example, in one study, people with and without BPD were shown unpleasant images and had the same physical responses (including startle responses and decreased heart rates). These contradicting findings have puzzled scientists because many mental health professionals believe that people with BPD do indeed react with greater emotional intensity than other people. Possible explanations for this inconsistency include People with BPD sometimes dissociate or mentally remove themselves from stressful events. Inhale, lift the head up, and exhale through pursed lips, as if you're blowing out a candle in front of you (figure 24). Make the sound whhhoooo as you exhale. Curl your head down again, take a deep inhale, lift your head up, and blow out the candle again with a whhhoooo sound. Do this once more. Expelling the Venom (spring). From the squat or seated position at the end of Blowing Out the Candle, release your arms from around your legs and come up into chair pose. If you're doing this pose on its own, simply come into chair pose. Drop your hands in front of you and make each hand into a fist. Grab into those fists all your fear and all your anger. Circle your arms first around behind you and then up over your head. She enjoys giving you orders and playing with your emotions at her own will. It's your fault because you lost dominance!

So the key to keeping dominance is first knowing how to get it. Everything that we went over putting yourself first, lowering the value of your pedestalizing of women, being thirsty and desperate, doing what works for you. All these things were self-development for yourself. Principles that you can take on to be a dominant man. Because you cannot be a dominant man if you lack any of these qualities that I stated. You can dominate at work, be the best salesman. You can be the best mechanic at the shop that you work at, but it doesn't make you a dominant man; We need to learn and understand the difference! One of the things I like best about my job is that it's the perfect mix of having solitude while also being around people. I don't actually understand how to do my job most of the time. Sometimes, having Asperger's feels like being an illiterate person who is able to hide the fact that she can't read. I don't steal, I'm not disrespectful of my superiors or the customers, and I'm pretty easy to get along with. But, ultimately, I just don't get it. I believe that I've been able to keep my job because of my near-perfect attendance record and my willingness to conform to the company rules. I wish I could do my job my own way, but I have to follow set policies. I have to be counseled sometimes about new procedures because it takes me a long time to understand them, especially if I think I can do it a better way. It seems like diversity used to be more encouraged than it is now. My company has switched to more rigid standards that we must conform to. Tranquility, harmony, peace, and relaxation Challenge, tension, danger, excitement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.