Thursday 5 November 2020

The Role of Intention

Through the front door, there is a little reception area, separated off with frosted glass. I stand awkwardly, hovering, incapable of decision. Eventually a woman glances up. I glower at her on the inside. It feels rude and dismissive--she can't even be bothered to smile, but instead looks annoyed by my presence--and the shame of it sears deep into my bowels. It doesn't matter--she doesn't even bother looking back. Allow it out slowly and continue to breathe normally. You may be here to help with anxiety, or you may be here to help with stress relief or panic attacks. No matter the reason, you are here to become a better version of yourself. Anxiety and stress can be taxing, though they are a normal part of our lives. While it may be impossible to stop these emotions in the first place, we can change how we react to these said emotions. To begin our session today, we will first focus on relaxing in the moment. Allow the pleasant feeling of total relaxation wash across your body. Feel as your nerves grow loose. Your muscles are growing limp because you are so incredibly relaxed. Now, your arms are limp. Allow it out slowly and continue to breathe normally. You may be here to help with anxiety, or you may be here to help with stress relief or panic attacks. No matter the reason, you are here to become a better version of yourself. Anxiety and stress can be taxing, though they are a normal part of our lives.

While it may be impossible to stop these emotions in the first place, we can change how we react to these said emotions. To begin our session today, we will first focus on relaxing in the moment. Allow the pleasant feeling of total relaxation wash across your body. Feel as your nerves grow loose. Your muscles are growing limp because you are so incredibly relaxed. Now, your arms are limp. Social media Technology in the form of computers, cellphones, and mobile apps have increased productivity, access to information, and the ability to communicate. Personally, we love computers and our phones. They've enabled us to write more and to research with greater ease than ever. Sometimes we spend days at a time holed up in our offices, banging away on the computer and not speaking to other living beings. Yet, because we don't want to lose real, face-to-face communication, we try to monitor our isolation to make sure we don't go overboard with social media and online news reading. Unfortunately, some people find themselves drawn into a digital, virtual world that becomes more exciting than their real lives. They spend day after day socializing on Instagram, Facearticle, Twitter, and playing online games with strangers. They lose contact with the people around them, and they become fully absorbed in their virtual selves. Consider the following ways in which many people choose to relate to others: A fight with your spouse, a piece of bad news, a computer crashing before you've saved the file--all these can trigger triple warmer into action. On the other hand, if we strengthen the spleen, which in turn helps the other yin forces of the body run well, triple warmer can relax. Triple warmer feels safe and can relax its hypervigilance when the yin meridians, controlled by the spleen meridian and responsible for the lion's share of energy that keeps us alive and functioning, are doing their jobs. In most people, the spleen meridian's energy is depleted.

Especially in our Western culture, where stress is endemic, constantly depleting spleen energy can unbalance the immune system, weaken the hormonal system, and lead to major stress-related and immune-system disorders. For most people, strengthening spleen meridian and calming triple warmer are called for. When in balance, the triple warmer and spleen meridians work well to protect us. When they're working together, they promote feelings of safety and support our ability to handle the demands of life. They can also literally save us in an emergency. When balanced, this meridian coupling fosters feelings of joy, forgiveness, and gratitude, and inspires warm and balanced social connections. I've been traveling since I was 20 years old, and like I told you about my first experience, it was excellent. Perfect, in my Street Fighter 2 voice. The only thing that could have been better from that trip is if she could have given me a fat stack to go home with. That's okay because she taught me a lesson without knowing that she taught me anything. So when I travel to Vegas during Covina, I realize that it was actually a better experience than usual. The fact that there were no lines, people with more pleasant, it was just a totally different thing. It was pretty nice showing up to the airport with no urgency just basically walking up to check in my passport and my flight confirmation and just walkthrough. They don't sweat you for bags; I got to sit wherever I wanted to. The security took 10 minutes instead of 30 to 45 minutes. During the final processing step, I was working with one of the sheriff staff members on some paperwork, and she treated me with disrespect. She was obviously physically out of shape, and her uniform was sloppy. I walked out without even looking back. I remember an officer in the U.

Marine Corps who said to me, You are a really good worker, so long as you are working for the right person. He sought the right placement for me to keep me out of trouble, and that worked well enough for me to get through my contract in the marines. Since then, I have always kept that statement in mind and have always realized that I need to be in the right place and with the right people to do my personal best. I Worked Hard to Stay Off Welfare There was a time in my life when I had very young children, after my husband abandoned us, when I contemplated applying for financial assistance of some sort. After spending a few hours in the local welfare office, I made the bet of a lifetime. Before being convinced by concrete facts and methods that reflect reality, please don't approve. Confusion is the mixing of two or more different themes. Some mergers are deliberately ignorant. They refuse to do the work required to understand the subject, so they think the subject is too complicated. Others just hide behind a mixture of two questions, rather than clarify the meaning of each question. They understand how the parts work, but they don't want you to do this. A mediator declined to explain how his team handled customer issues related to warranty services. He asserted: We use an algorithm to cover up arbitrary decisions he uses. However, when faced with more acute problems, the service manager tries to hide what is obvious to everyone: he doesn't know how to make warranty service decisions. To deal with the combiner, know how to decompose and isolate the different problematic issues. Let's see how applying boundaries can solve some of these. Problem 1: Getting Saddled with Another Person's Responsibilities List those tasks. And what will you say to him or her?

Favors and sacrifices done out of love are part of the Christian life, and that is what you are doing if your giving is helping the other person become better. The Bible requires responsible action out of the one who is given to. If you do not see it after a season, set limits (Luke 13:9) (p. Problem 2: Working Too Much Overtime What is keeping you from talking to your supervisor and setting limits? When will you start implementing these? Breathe, I tell myself, not because I can, but because it's what my therapist would say to me. I haven't yet twigged why it's so important and that it does, actually, help. I can just make out a couple of other women at desks in this admin area. I have timed my arrival to be 9. Three minutes to ten feels like I am pushing it: what if my watch is slow? Anything more than five minutes beforehand feels inconveniently early. And I don't want to be an inconvenience. Will she come out to me at exactly 10 am, and therefore will we eat into the hour by finding the room? Or will she allow me time to settle into a chair before the clock starts ticking? These things don't seem to matter to therapists, I think. When Tim had e-mailed his mindfulness teacher, he could no longer deny that something was wrong. He was vacillating between impassivity and agitation, had difficulty completing the simplest projects, and was filled with overwhelming shame. He avoided the area of town where the photo shoot had taken place, and he wasn't returning calls from the dance troupe. There was also a pervasive ache in his legs that stretching didn't seem to help--a trembling edginess deep inside his bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.