Monday 13 July 2020

Nobody's going to help you better than somebody else

No one will notice a small band around an ankle. You just have to be a little creative. Especially at times when you feel weak--not completely fit, but not really sick--red can help you get back on your feet. It is also a wonderful color for the little ones. It protects them. Bricks/Masonry of Special Buildings When we speak of red bricks we basically return to the symbolism of red stones in general; Due to the high iron content (which causes the redness during the firing process) it is possible that the invigorating effect is true, even though I would not recommend simply pulverizing bricks and consuming the product today. This dust was sometimes worked into salves and was considered an all-around healing remedy against pretty much any ailment. Powder from church stonework was also believed to have healing powers, especially when it was acquired in the vicinity of the altar. Teaching in abstractions would surely have taken less time but could hardly have yielded the turnaround results that he sought. So he created games and other means through which his students could open up and connect, and feel safe both to take risks and give their all. Take some time to do what Jeremy did. Review your own job, your own work routines, your own work attitudes. Which parts of your job do you carry out with, or in the presence of, others? For what proportion of time, during those moments, do you make a conscious effort to connect? Do you slow down enough to really listen and make eye contact? Do you, like Jeremy, allow yourself and others to go off topic in ways that build relationships, resilience, and other resources? Maybe you don't simply need more time, a bigger budget, or higher technology for your work team to meet its highest aspirations. Perhaps you, too, can unlock more individual and collective capacity within your team through positivity resonance.

I pointed out to him that even if he believed the world is flat, nevertheless, it is still round. Furthermore, there is Infinite Intelligence within a man whether he believes there is or not. I suggested to him that he try an affirmation for ten days, and at the end of that time come back and see me. The affirmation I gave him was as follows: I believe that God is, and that God is the Infinite Power that moves the world and created all things. I believe this Infinite Power dwells in me. I believe God is guiding me now. I believe God's riches flow to me in avalanches of abundance. I believe God's love fills my heart and that His love fills the minds and hearts of my two boys. I believe that the bonds of love and peace unite us. Unexplainable grooves that confirm this custom exist in many old churches to this day. The time around Easter, Christmas, and the twelve days of Christmas were considered to bring the most luck for this endeavor. Some traditions point even further back in history; My grandmother used the biggest kitchen knife she could find whenever one of us kids managed to get a bump on the head. I can remember how scared I was the first time, because I thought she wanted to cut the bump off. The whole thing was not so bad after all and I didn't get even the slightest bruise. The knife was simply pressed to the aching spot and held there for a little while. The explanation was that the knife cools the spot, but other cool things would have been just as effective. After reading about many magical techniques involving a knife to banish illnesses, I think this is an older technique that became rationalized over time (it is cooling). Later on, I read about a tradition collected by the researcher of Romany customs, Heinrich von Wlislocki,51 that describes the exact same approach and is even connected to a spell.

How might you devote more of your energy toward cultivating moments of connection? What new rituals or habits could you create to bring more love into your workday? What metrics would help you and coworkers know whether this investment pays off? On Love, Science, and Spirituality I'm an emotions scientist, not a scholar of religion. To date, I've written exactly one paper that has religion in its title, and that was merely a commentary offering my two cents on why religious involvement predicts good health. Yet my own and other people's efforts to describe the mystical and ultimately ineffable vistas that love opens up is what first drew me to explore how love and spirituality interrelate. So when I was invited by Boston University's Danielsen Institute to develop a series of lectures on how the science of emotions relates to spiritual development and religious well-being, I was immediately drawn in by the opportunity to dive in further. I delivered those lectures in early 2010. That experience planted seeds in the garden of thoughts and theories that have since grown into this article. I believe I am a tremendous success. I believe I am happy, joyous, and free. I believe God is always successful, and because God is successful and because God dwells in me, I am a tremendous success. I believe, I believe, I believe. I suggested that he affirm the above truths out loud five minutes morning, afternoon, and night. He agreed, and the second day he phoned and said, I don't believe a word of what I am saying. It's all mechanical and has no meaning. I told him to persist in this mental discipline. The mere fact that you started to affirm and practice the spiritual affirmation indicates the faith of a grain of mustard seed mentioned in the Bible; He came back at the end of ten days radiant and happy.

Even then people used to press a knife to the aching area and recite the following spell three, seven, or nine times (depending on the severity of the bump). Soften, soften, soften up, And disappear at once! You shall go to the Earth, Never to be seen again! Knife, knife, draw it out, Hand it over to the earth! Afterward the knife was plunged into the Earth three, seven, or nine times and pulled out again. With or without the spell, the use of the knife was effective every time; I still like to lay a knife on spots that I've bumped to this day. Philosophers, religion scholars, and psychologists alike have long pointed to the gulf that inevitably exists between your embodied experiences and the words that describe them. Your emotional experiences, in particular, can be unspeakably extreme, sweeping you away on free falls into hellish abysses or flights to exalted peaks. At either altitude, the air can get so thin that words turn back, no longer able to reassure you. Words pigeonhole your experiences, yet words are at times your only way to communicate what you've been through to others. They offer up reassuringly fixed concepts and categories that become the basis for our shared understandings, our cultures and institutions. Words are the planks in the bridges that cultures have built to span the chasm between individual, spiritual, and emotional experiences and our shared belief systems. Through the further application of words, rituals, and decrees, some of these shared beliefs evolved into organized religions, cultural institutions that claim to explain--and create--those profound and indescribable spiritual experiences, like love, that visit us all from time to time. I've been particularly drawn to religious writings that shine a spotlight on experiences of oneness and connection, because those are part of the signature of love. In these moments, borders seem to evaporate and you feel part of something far larger than yourself, be it nature, eternity, humanity, or the divine. This is the oceanic feeling that Sigmund Freud dismissed as a regression to the infantile sense of being merged with your mother, but that William James and many others have held up as the bedrock of people's embodied experiences of spirituality.

His two sons had visited him, and there was a joyous reunion. In his new pattern of thought, he won a small fortune on the Irish Sweepstakes and is now back in business. He discovered that the Infinite Power for perfect living also applied to him! I knew that even though the words of the prayer meant nothing to him as he started, as he continued to dwell upon them through frequent habitation of the mind, they would sink into his subconscious mind and become a part of his mentality. Use Infinite Power for Harmonious Relationships This article is being written on the beautiful island of Maui, one of the chain comprising the state of Hawaii. The people here say, You have not lived until you have seen Hawaii. One of Maui's outstanding attractions is Haleakula, House of the Sun, an extinct volcano, that rises more than ten thousand feet. It offers views of breathtaking scenery and a glimpse of quiet native life where Hawaiians still cast nets into the sea for essential food and tend taro patches in the manner of their ancestors. It simply works too well, and I don't care if it is imprinted from early childhood, superstition, or verified in some way. The deciding factor is that it is effective. If you try it yourself you will feel a slightly uncomfortable feeling at first, changing into a somehow electrical feeling (it's difficult to put into words), as if the pain were wandering into the knife. Similarly, the application of an axe also works. It was used as a type of threat to the sickness spirit. A (fairly dull) axe is placed flat on the affected area and kept there for a few minutes. In some areas the custom was to place the blade of a knife flat on the back of one's neck in order to stop a nosebleed. This is often still done with a set of keys today. Keys also played a role in the old healing traditions; The older the key, the better it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.