Sunday 24 May 2020

Using the natural people resource in your life

According to a meditation author and a teacher, Lodro Rinzler, mindfulness is just another type of meditation. As highlighted throughout the piece of writing, there are various forms of meditation, and they include visualization and contemplation, but mindfulness is the kind where you introduce your whole mind to a given object. You can improve your awareness of being in the present by following your breath. These feelings raise my spirits and improve my ability to cope with the issues and challenges which I face on a daily basis. While exercising, I'm not in competition with other trainees, nor with myself. I focus solely on my breathing, its quality, and on performing each exercise as well as I can. I also strive to create an integrated flow of thought, emotion and movement while performing each pose. At first, I had to concentrate on each pose separately. But, as I gained experience, I felt that I could relate to the whole series of exercises as one complete flow -- just like life. Once I reached this level, I added power training sessions in order to maintain muscle mass and prevent loss of bone density. Unlike some other members of the club, I don't overexert myself, as developing a muscular body is the last thing that interests me. During classes, I often deviate from the teachers' instructions and perform the exercises according to what feels right to me. The teachers and instructors have learned to accept this behaviour with understanding and respect. This does not mean that your normal self-bashing will suddenly disappear. It will still be there, but by defusing your negative self-talk, you can continue to talk to yourself in a more productive manner. Once you get acquainted with the new manner in which you talk to yourself, your external language will change as well. Instead of sounding hesitant, you'll speak more assertively and decisively, especially in situations where your courage is needed. At times, you may regress to your old self of whining and making excuses, but you'll catch yourself and replace your self-defeating language with words of assurance in the face of a crisis. When you become this consumed with being brave in your life, you'll not only be able to access the skill of courage and audaciousness will now define you. Even though you see yourself as being brave as you begin to find your inner boldness, you still may feel very uncomfortable with that label.

This is understandable because, in the past, you saw yourself as a low-life coward. Unfortunately, this is still how you see yourself no matter how many new courageous acts you accomplish in the face of danger. This negative perception of yourself is going to change very soon. Maybe you're presenting your team's findings to the grant review panel. Maybe you just need to confront your baby-sitter about being late again. There are literally scores of performances throughout the week, throughout each day, in which to give your newfound skills a road test. Don't look for an Olympic-sized trial or a national convention to give them a spin. You want to work up to those events. You want to get some practice beforehand, some feedback by which you can refine your skills. You want an opportunity that causes your heart to beat a little faster, not go into seizure. Once you've got your event picked out--the confrontation or presentation, the decision or negotiation--take a minute to run through the following checklist. It's not a test; it's just a quickie review, a chance to check off all that you need to have dealt with if you're to go out and give your best. How could I do a better job buying those? On the way home, I finally stopped into the new department store all my girlfriends had been raving about so many months ago. Like the designer-knockoff store, it was a danger zone of affordable delights. I tried on a lot of things, identified a few favorites, and then left. With nothing. The security guard was so suspicious of this madness, he checked the contents of my kiddie-stained backpack on my way out. How could anyone exit the store without at least one cheap, trendy garment?

I did. I went home, had dinner, went to bed. The next morning, I went back there and plucked my favorites off the racks again. This is what is known as mindfulness meditation. Among the Buddhists, it is known as Shamatha. Rinzler also adds that eating could also be an additional way of practicing mindfulness. He says that a person can be mindful of their food, while tasting it, and when they finally drift off into all kinds of thoughts, they return to taste the food again. That is what can be referred to as the act of mindfulness. Rinzler also explains that the whole process of meditation can predate the idea of mindfulness. In most cases, it is aligned with the Buddha's time, where the Buddha himself discovered that wholly focusing on his breath would enable him to see the reality and attain meditation more efficiently. Fast track to the modern age, the world witnessed the 5 mindfulness trainings, courtesy of a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. He is also well known for his teachings on mindfulness. It does not really matter whether you desire to learn about the various methodologies of meditation, or maybe you just want to be more mindful in your day to day life to lower stress, there is still a number of evidence that you can use to help in harnessing your mind to be in the present, and also improve both your physical and mental health. Often, once class is over, they ask me to explain what motivates me and how I use the exercises to achieve my personal goals. Even though I maintain my schedule at the gym rigorously, I don't consider myself an athlete or sportsman. I have no desire to become a marathon runner, a muscle-building freak or a yoga geek. I'm not addicted to the physical dimension of the training. Rather, I focus on the synergy of the physical with the cognitive, the emotional and the social, elements which act together to create an integrated personality. Once I had mastered the exercises offered by the club, I created my own brief regime comprising a set of basic poses. I meticulously perform them every morning before I start my day.

The daily repetition of the same exercises has become an enjoyable habit, providing both physical and mental satisfaction. In addition to attending the health club, and my own daily exercise regime, a conscious awareness of how I activate my body has become an integral part of my daily routine. Whatever activity I do -- walking, resting, sitting, typing, attending meetings or even washing dishes -- becomes a springboard for awareness of my body and my breathing, and for the mindful appreciation of being in the here and now. You are about to demolish it. In fact, I would say you are already there; you just need that final push to accept that you're now a courageous person. This is the final step in your transformation to eliminate your old cowardly persona and step into your new life as a courageous human being. Once you can look in the mirror and see not only a brave soul, you should be proud as hell of who you are, as you know you have made it. This piece of writing will show you how. You are who you are because of your beliefs. Your belief system is what you believe in and assume is true. Your beliefs run your life. Most of what you think, say and do is based on your belief system. If you feel you're not ready, or that you could be more ready, well--join the club. All of us go into performances thinking we could have benefited from one more dry run, one more hour of study, a little more sleep. You have the luxury now of getting more ready: You can go back to the pieces of writing you need to review one more time. You can brush up on the skills you're not so sure you have. But at some point, you need to accept that you're never going to be perfectly ready. You've got to stop making excuses. Just commit to doing the best you can.

So go for it. Try to resist evaluating yourself in midperformance. When you're done, when the performance is past, turn the article. I checked to make sure I'd gotten the sizing correct and went up to the sales desk. I was in and out in about twenty minutes. By separating the delight of the costume box (day one) from the business of buying (day two) I'd avoided the quicksand of all-too-available desires. It felt like a success. Whether I felt really terrific about spending the money at all was another issue. Back home, I collected my receipts, took them over to my empty jar, and looked at both. What I'd spent was not an overwhelming amount of money, or one that John would freak out over, especially since the most expensive items were shoes to remedy foot pain I'd been griping about for months. Still, it wasn't as if I'd spent the money on food, medicine, or charity. A year of self-reflection had highlighted many of my own needs in a positive and proactive way, but it had not erased the needy world that lay beyond: that Cameroonian schoolgirl I'd been inspired by or Blue-Flower Shirt, the homeless old woman who still sat near the back entrance of our building. I was still facing a crisis of conscience: how could I live with a self that needed new jeans once in a while, even when this trivial spending might mean so much more to another human being? A recent study on this topic discovered that those who practice mindfulness had healthier levels of glucose; implying self-focus and improved focus could help in fighting unhealthy eating habits and obesity. In addition to that, it has also been discovered that mindfulness meditation has some relationships to improved qualities of life among older adults who, in other instances, would be using pills. It has also been linked to lowered dependency on opioid drugs, improved focus, as well as reduced levels of depression and anxiety. But perhaps one thing that is very remarkable is the fact that positive thinking and mindfulness have a beneficial effect of mindfulness meditation on the body. So, Where Does the Confusion Occurs? The mix-up lies in the fact that one of the most universally recognized types of meditation is known as mindfulness meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.