Tuesday 27 October 2020

For anyone caught in cycles of systemic confusion and cruelty

By reducing the severity of your reactions to panic symptoms and feared situations, you can further reduce your anxiety, and decrease the frequency, intensity, and duration of panic symptoms. Mindfulness: mindfulness is a tool for overcome anxiety is increasingly becoming the focus of a great deal of scientific research. For the treatment of the panic disorder, it helps to teach people to experience unpleasant physical sensations without reacting negatively to them. Exposure treatment: The people are more able to confront anxiety- provoking situations, once people feel less anxious about future panic attacks due to using relaxation training, mindfulness, and cognitive restructuring. I want to coach you through this journey of personal growth. I want to equip you with the skills to take on your pain points. But here's the thing: I'm not going to deliver my message by tiptoeing around issues or downplaying the grit required to succeed. It does no good to play it safe and keep it comfortable. If you have skimmed ahead, you likely noticed I ask you to participate, journal, and think. Journaling will be extremely useful as it requires you to summon concentration, clarity, and creativity. Engaging with each exercise and writing in-depth answers will give you a great sense of accomplishment and achievement. If you have never used writing or journaling as a way of getting closer to your goals, you have missed out on a great way to communicate with yourself. Writing is also therapeutic because it slows down mental processing as you get your thoughts on paper--an antidote to the constant, cyclical (and unproductive) rumination worry can bring. After focused journaling, you can then analyze what you have written and revise as your thoughts evolve. The drinking just took me over. I'd go on binges that lasted for days. It shattered my family and I ended up losing my marriage. I hurt so many people and the stupid thing is I can honestly say I didn't even like it. I used alcohol to try to fill a gap in my life. I didn't expect it to replace an interesting, meaningful job, but I believed it could make my situation more bearable.

I was wrong; But because I came to feel that it was my only escape, the worse things got, the more I drank. Even though I knew it was killing me, I just couldn't see a way out. I never realized then that it was alcohol itself that was dragging me further and further down. Dark psychology victims tend to lose tons from home, business, finances, jobs, among other things. Of these materials are nothing compared to the loss one incurs emotionally and mentally. You become affected even as the perpetrator, albeit you're on the receiving end. The effect goes beyond the victim and therefore the perpetrator and runs over to the people surrounding them. They could not feel the loss directly, but somehow they're also affected. People that undergo these experiences can either die or lose their sanity completely to their experiences. Meaning to lose to the people that care about the person. The people surrounding the victim become skeptical of strangers, and this, at times, affects even their own relationships. They develop a fear that their spouses might end up to be just like the perpetrator. One among the main effects of dark psychology is that the way it leaves one with a way of loss. This means that 55 percent of the speech's power of persuasion--its effectiveness--depends on visual, not verbal, cues. So only 45 percent of the effectiveness of a speech comes from the words? The next most important factor, according to Mehrabian's test audiences, were vocal qualities--not words, but tone of voice, voice pitch, and the pace of delivery. These accounted for 38 percent of the speech's effectiveness. Now, add 55 and 38 percent. This gives you 93 percent.

According to Mehrabian's study 93 percent of the effectiveness of a speech--ostensibly a verbal presentation--has nothing to do with the meaning of the words used. The words themselves accounted for a mere 7 percent of the effectiveness of a speech. The lesson of Mehrabian's study applies to everyday communication as well as formal speech: The business communicator ignores body language and quality of voice at his extreme peril. Here is a checklist survey to help you think about, develop, and hone your nonverbal vocabulary: The average person can't do that. If you honestly believe that, please go ahead and close this article now. My most successful patients are the ones whose doctors have told them nothing could be done but who refused to accept that answer. They strongly value their health and have specific goals to stay active and independent for as long as possible. They don't want their kids to worry about them. More importantly, they don't just want to live-they want to THRIVE Not all healthcare providers are created equal. My goal isn't to bash on other healthcare providers, but it's critical to understand that there are good and bad practitioners out there, and it can be difficult to recognize the difference. It's similar to taking your car in to see the mechanic. If you're someone like me who can barely check their oil, you go to the mechanic without a clue of what's wrong with your car and nod when he tells you, The reverse main seal is leaking, pretending you know what he's talking about. I developed hives everywhere: on my palms, on the soles of my feet, between my toes, and on my eyelids. My emotional distress was channeled into this severe rash that flared up without warning. I felt responsible for my mom, but I was just a kid. There was nothing I could do, for her or my hives. I tried soaking in baths; But nothing worked.

I was a mess, and no amount of baths, pills, or potions could fix what was going on inside. My father was dealing with his own stuff--my mom leaving and his new role as a single parent. He remarried soon after my parents split, and his new wife had her own kids who were around my age. It was a major adjustment for me as it is with many children in blended families. A body that holds tangible and emotional pain. A body and a heart and a mind that are learning how to be in the world and grow out of my smallness--for the benefit of all of us. May your experience with this be fruitful. May you hate certain parts, and may those parts challenge you to develop your own brilliant modalities that suit you perfectly. May the parts that inspire you keep you alive for one more day, keep you hopeful and connected to your body. May your body be healthy and strong, and may those barometers be set by you and only you. I'm with you. I write this to be less alone in my own mind, to connect with you in this vast performance piece that is reality, that is our forever returning to self and center and abundance. In less scarcity and more--there is enough. Let this prayer ring true. There's more to it than just making it through--isn't there? At the risk of giving away the surprise ending, I'll answer that question: yes, there is more to life than surviving until death. I'm not saying survival isn't important. Get survival handled: Get regular checkups. Eat healthy. Do all that stuff.

But when it comes to the part of your life you don't need to devote purely to survival, you have a choice: what do you want your life to be about? Maybe you've thought about this, and maybe you haven't. But I think it's fair to say: Everybody wants a great life--a totally fulfilling, satisfying life by their own standards--but most people, even if they believe it's possible, don't know how to get it. That day was emotional for me, too. I thought it was really important for me as a Black woman to be seen carrying the torch. It made me think about the symbolic torches I've held throughout my career. You can't choose whether or not you want to be a role model. If you're in the public eye--if you have a platform--you just are one. Someone is going to be influenced by what you say or don't say. By what you do or don't do. As a Black female news anchor--and, later, the first Black woman in Canada to co-host a morning news show--I've never felt I had a lot of room for error. I had to be great. I had to show, every day, that I deserved to be there. Fran had come to see me for tension, anxiety, and outbursts of anger in which she became viciously critical of her husband over the slightest transgression. She knew she was out of control and finally sought out therapy to get a handle on why she was being so mean. Fran and I did not have to spend a lot of time revisiting and uncovering her childhood wounds, because Fran knew exactly where they were and who had inflicted them. Fran prided herself on never being considered a lazy person. Consumed with busyness, Fran drove herself into the ground, making lists and being so organized that even small events became full-scale operations. Fran tormented herself (and her husband) with the exaggerated pride she felt in having everything neat as a pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.