Monday 19 October 2020

Select one to three goals and plan them out in detail

As Thomas Edison said on his one thousandth try, I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward. He also said, I have not failed one thousand times; I have learned one thousand ways in how not to do it and, when I have found all the ways of how not to do it, I will find the way to do it! It wasn't long after that, that he did. I love Will Smith's story of building his father's brick wall, he said he could never have made the full wall, but his father insisted he could lay one brick perfectly, and take one brick at a time until it was done. Once finished his father said to him, Don't ever say you can't do anything again. What a brilliant upbringing, which turned him into one of the most humble and inspiring actors, and human beings, out there. Or the saying Tony Robbins likes, Success is the result of good judgement, good judgement is the result of experience, and experience is the result of bad judgement. The fear of failure doesn't bother me. I've done all sorts of things I've failed at, learnt something, and moved on from. You can choose to use them or you can buy duplicates and make another kit. In my house, we keep power outage supplies in a bedroom closet separate from our family emergency kit. I'm not organized enough to keep track of who takes what out of the Go Bags. Keeping them separate is my guarantee we'll always have all the items we need if we are forced to evacuate. Before a Power Outage There are things you can do today while you still have electricity to help you be ready for a power outage. Learn how to use the manual release for your automatic garage door so your car never gets trapped inside. Drive to a gas station and fill up your tank. Remember, half full is the new empty. If you're not using surge protectors for your computer and electronics, head to the store and get some.

I would also spend between forty-five minutes and one hour each day working on my education, reading or researching anything relating to my clients' case studies. On top of this, I would coach between six and seven clients per day, which would extend into Saturday and sometimes Sunday if necessary. I'm sure you're asking when my social time was. I saw my friends and family on Saturday afternoons and Sundays; I had plenty of time. My reputation, the development of my knowledge, my physique and the growth of M10 were the areas that I had the highest value for. I was, and still am today, incredibly inspired by each of them. When you are inspired, you never struggle to make time. The things that you struggle with are often the areas that you're uninspired by. These are the things that you will always find yourself putting off, as you don't see value in them. If you're new to CBT, you may have time to discuss only one or two issues or goals in depth during a session. Experienced therapists can often cover more. See Figure 10. It's important to take notes during the therapy session Preparatory Notes: Continue activity scheduling and evaluating automatic thoughts; PATIENT'S NAME: LENNY K. SESSION# 5 DIAG. MOOD RATING/OBJECTIVE MEASURES (SPECIFY): Feeling a little better. PHQ-9 = 15; Well-being = 3.

It's the things you don't do in life that you most regret so I will try and try again and never give up, as Winston Churchill said! Fear of failure 3 What will happen to your belongings, possessions, and family if you're risking yourself financially and fail? It's natural to fear losing all your money and belongings if you're investing, risking your assets, or have a family to think about, but are you really risking so much that you'd end up on the streets in your venture? If so, could you not downsize or move to a cheaper area if you failed and still be happy in the end? I left my husband with one bag! I was 40, no mortgage, no assets, nothing. I didn't care that people would say I told you so. I also didn't fear shame. I'd already told (or prepared) people when I gambled everything to try the marriage, that I could quickly get a flat if it all went wrong, and that's precisely what I did. Surge protectors are the best way to protect sensitive equipment from power spikes. Also, cordless phones won't work in a blackout so if you don't have a cell phone, be sure to buy a corded phone to use as a backup. Bank ATMs rely on electricity so accessing your bank account may be difficult. Stop at the bank and withdraw some cash to keep in a safe place. Once you're back home, make a list of everything you use electricity for in the house--such as lighting, cooking, heating and cooling. Then come up with a plan for how you will adapt without it. HOW TO LIGHT YOUR HOME No need to fumble around in the dark when there are these emergency lighting options to choose from. Take advantage of the sun. During the day, open all the curtains and blinds to let in the light.

This goes back to linking your highest values, an area that I discussed in the Personal part of the article. You see, there will always be things that you think aren't important; I could have easily avoided writing articles, but if I didn't write articles, I wouldn't have any content to share. If I didn't have any content to share, how would anyone be able to learn from me? This would affect my ability to grow my reputation. I knew that the only times I would have to write articles would be before seeing my clients and when I got home at night, so those became their regular time slots. I hope you can see how I turned something that could have been low value into something that was high value. Think of all the things that you keep saying you'll do but keep putting off. Then, go back to the areas that you have identified as your highest values from the Personal part of the article. I'm going to use research and education as another example, as this is a popular subject. MEDS/changes/side effects/other treatment: None. RISK ASSESSMENT--suicidal/self-harm/homicidal ideation: No longer has thoughts of death; UPDATE/ACTION PLAN REVIEW/CONCLUSIONS DRAWN: Got more done in apartment/changing thinking and behavior affects mood/shows taking more control; AGENDA ITEMS: Hard stuff in apartment, volunteering/tiredness, working for Charlie, evaluate automatic thoughts, schedule activities. AGENDA ITEM 1--PROBLEM OR GOAL: Working for Charlie CONCEPTUALIZATION--automatic thoughts/(meaning/beliefs, if identified)/emotions/behaviors: Situation: Thinking about working a full day -> AT: I don't have the stamina. INTERVENTIONS OR THERAPIST SUMMARY: (1) Taught the What makes me think . ACTION PLAN: Ask Charlie to keep him in mind for future work. Remind self that stamina will improve as depression improves. AGENDA ITEM 2--PROBLEM OR GOAL: Sorting mail, paying bills, filling out forms

I reckon it's the things we didn't do, not the things that we did do, that we will regret most when it comes to our death beds. We have to make mistakes to evolve, learn, and grow. A golf ball flies better through the sky! Fear of failure 4 What about your reputation? What will the neighbours say if they see you fail? Really, you're not that important! Give them something to gossip about for a day, and then they'll get bored and move on. Who are we trying to impress? Blow them a raspberry and move on! Plan your schedule so most of your work or chores are done during daylight hours. A flashlight is the first thing most of us think to reach for when the power goes out. Flashlights are available in a variety of sizes and with the invention of the LED (light emitting diode) bulb, today's flashlights are brighter than the flashlights of yesterday. Store a flashlight in several locations around the house and preferably one in each bedroom. If you're in an upstairs bedroom when the lights go out, it will be difficult to make your way to the downstairs laundry room in the pitch dark to retrieve them. Flashlights are great for navigating through the dark however you'll find it's difficult to do stuff that requires two hands. That's why I chose to purchase a headlamp--a flashlight worn on your head--for each member of my family. And remember, flashlights are only good if they have batteries to power them so be sure to stock an extra supply. Candles are an inexpensive light source but they can also be a fire hazard if you don't use common sense. Don't leave them unattended, don't put them near anything that could catch fire, and keep them away from kids and pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.