Monday 19 October 2020

Eat the right foods for you and your body

I asked her if she could tell me about the last time in her life when she lost a considerable amount of weight. Interestingly, the last time she was smaller was at a time in her life when she perceived herself to be very unhappy (she experienced an unhappy relationship). I asked her if she would like to be feeling like that again, and she said, `No way, I never want to feel like that again. So, every time she starts to do well and lose weight, her subconscious emotions take control and sabotage all of her hard work to prevent her feeling the unhappy emotions again. This is a classic case of emotions being in control - something that she was completely unaware of. Armed with the coaching techniques that I had learned from Dr Demartini, I asked this client to consider looking back at the time when she perceived herself to be unhappy. Even though she wanted to focus on the downsides of that time in her life, there were also going to be a lot of benefits. When we spoke in depth about that time, she started to tell me how she had moved right after it, and that she started the best job she'd ever had, and how she met new friends. Within a year, her new friends had introduced her to her now fiance, which she said wouldn't have happened if she hadn't moved. I sat with her going over this time in her life, and the list of positive benefits that came from that one unhappy moment kept growing. Earlier in this article, you read about several techniques you can use. It's often helpful to say: Do you think you might focus on how you're feeling at the moment instead of how you'll feel when you finish it? Would it also help to remind yourself what goal you're trying to reach and why? Also, telling clients what you do when you find yourself procrastinating can help. For example, do you occasionally have difficulty initiating a task (eg, getting yourself to work on a paper, pay taxes, or start exercising)? What do you do to get yourself going? Using self-disclosure can normalize the experience and provide an example of what they can do. PAULINE: I'm sorry it's been difficult for you [to fill out the insurance forms]. Should I tell you how I get myself to do something I've been avoiding?

Whenever it was taking a while for something to come, I realised I had to get either more relaxed and unblocked, or more precise with what I was communicating. You should always come to your own conclusion upon discovering things like this along your path. If I help you on the road to finding a quirky way of getting the universe to work for you much better than it did before and hence help you to create a wonderful life, then great! If you find that using my tools or following my thought process isn't for you, then that's great too because you've learned something that doesn't work and can then eliminate it from your life once and for all. When you find all the things that don't work, it will also lead you to things that do. Listen to your heart; As you read this article, see if it agrees or disagrees with what I'm saying. Your heart and its inner knowing makes more decisions for you than you realise. Don't just analyse my words with your logical brain, try to feel what I'm saying. Your heart will give you a yes or a no feeling, a do or a don't feeling, a trust or a doubt feeling. If you're unsure what papers to include in your Grab-and-Go Binder, use this checklist to help you get organized. First, you'll need: Clear sheet protectors Next, label the dividers--one for each category below. Use the checklist to gather your important papers. Insert documents in sheet protectors and organize behind the corresponding divider. Do you want your child to grow up to be financially responsible? Most parents would say yes. And since few of us are financial whizzes ourselves, the thought of teaching our kids smart money practices can seem a little daunting. If you're struggling with how to start, here are seven ways to help you set your children on the path to future financial success.

When I asked her if that `unhappy' time in her life was actually all that bad, she said, `No, completely not. You see, often we perceive something to be one way until we choose (or we are shown how) to look at it in another way. The majority of us are carrying around so much tangled-up emotion, it's preventing us from living a truly fulfilling life and being able to take action on our goals. This is one example of how managing emotions helped my client to break out of the weight-loss cycle that she had been in for years. I am creating each part and section in Level Up to give you a new set of eyes - a new way to be able to look at your clients - and also to highlight many key areas of coaching that you might have overlooked. Your job as a coach is to commit to never-ending education, because at the other side of new knowledge is every opportunity to change. I didn't know what I know now when I started, or even five years into my career. But I always had that question, why, at the forefront of my mind. Your clients aren't stagnating because they're stubborn, or they don't want to listen to you; As a coach, you have an incredible gift, the ability to learn, and then, with your knowledge, the ability to impact the lives of thousands throughout your career. PAULINE: When I'm avoiding something, I find the few minutes just before starting are the most unpleasant. Once I actually start doing it, I almost always feel better. This past weekend, I had to go through the mail on my desk. It was hard to get started, but I told myself I could stop after 10 minutes and that it was really likely it would get easier after a couple of minutes. And it did. LENNY recognizes that he often has the same experience. He commits to a behavioral experiment to see what will happen later in the afternoon when he sits down to fill out the forms. Doing Action Plans at the Last Minute Ideally, clients carry on the work of the therapy session throughout the week. For example, it's most useful for clients to catch and record their automatic thoughts at the moment they notice their mood changing or they're engaging in unhelpful behavior.

If something is really right for you, based on what you've learned and have acquired in your system previously, your heart will feel lighter, expand out and open with a giddy, joyous, excited and appreciative feeling that it will be freed with this light. If something is really wrong for you, based on what you've learned and have acquired in your system previously, your heart will feel heavier, shrink inwards and tighten, with a fearful, painful feeling of dread that it will get hurt by this dark. Does it resonate or separate? If your heart doesn't give you an answer, but you want to give them a try because your brain thinks there's some truth to what I say, then that's great too. Just know that you are only using the tools and information because of your own reasoning and the fact that your heart hasn't given you a resounding no. Your path led you to this article for a reason. So take all the advice, take some, or throw it in the bin and take none. You will still be using it as another stepping stone in your discovery of what works best and what doesn't work best for you. You will still be wiser by the end of this article because of this knowledge. I think of my path like this: I have one backpack to accompany me on my journey, and I'm only allowed to put into it the things I know will benefit me. Get your own financial house in order. The easiest way to teach kids how to manage money is to learn how to manage it yourself first. If you are always running up debts, paying bills late and spending on impulse, your kids will probably follow suit. Kids learn by observation and are more likely to do what you do and not do what you say. Set a good example and practice what you preach. Start early. Research has shown that kids' money habits are formed by age 7. As long as you keep lessons simple and use terms they understand, children as young as three can grasp simple money concepts, like saving and spending. Use every opportunity to teach. Kids are watching you earn and spend all the time.

It's important at this stage to acknowledge that you are not a psychologist, so you are not qualified to diagnose or treat. If you come across a client who informs you that they have a diagnosed psychological disorder, then you must refer out. However, you are able to learn, and that will make you better informed to tailor your coaching to your client's specific behaviours, emotions and actions. When you listen to your clients and ask questions, patterns always emerge. These tangled patterns are often the reason why your clients are struggling to make progress. But remember, if you have similar tangled-up emotions, you'll struggle to see them in others. This is why working on yourself is just as important as learning about your clients' behaviours. I haven't attempted to talk about psychology or human behaviour in detail because it's such a complex subject, and because I am not a psychologist or a professor of psychology. I have been studying the subject for over fifteen years and I still learn something new every day. In fact, I still have mentors who support me with my own personal development. Then they can respond to these thoughts either mentally or in writing. Some clients avoid thinking about therapy between sessions. Often this avoidance is part of a larger problem, and you may first have to help clients identify and modify certain beliefs (eg, If I focus on a problem instead of distracting myself, I'll only feel worse or I can't change, so why even try? Other clients, however, need only a gentle reminder to look at their Action Plan daily. Interfering Cognitions Masked as Practical Problems Some clients propose that practical problems such as lack of time, energy, or opportunity have prevented them from carrying out an Action Plan. If you believe that a thought or belief is also interfering, you should investigate this possibility before discussing the practical problem: THERAPIST: Okay, you couldn't do the Action Plan because you didn't have time. Let's pretend for a moment that this problem magically disappears. Let's say you have a whole day free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.