Wednesday 21 October 2020

What is amusing about this?

They seek first to understand the need for the neighbour to be understood. Expressing empathy and believing in people is a great way to understand each other better. You can also practice improving self-control and mastering your mood. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; I don't know about you, but I love self-help articles where the author admits to their own imperfections. It makes me feel like a normal human being. From time to time I read a article by someone who claims to have overcome all their mental obstacles, who never gets stuck, who never falls short of their ideals. This seems so far removed from normal human experience, it's hard for me to give it any credit. Maybe there are some perfect human beings out there - but I doubt it. So, confession time: I've been living and breathing ACT for years now: writing about it, teaching it, practising it. And it has helped me enormously in my own life. Think of your favourite song. Softly hum it to yourself. As you hum, take deeper breaths. Stretch each hum when you exhale. Do it for at least two or three minutes. Open your eyes. It's so simple, really.

But there's so much power in your own voice. There's so much rhythm in your body, whether it's your brainwaves, heartbeat, or breath. Humming is just another vibration that resonates with every cell in your being. This will help you have control over disruptive impulses rather than being controlled by them. Focus on goals, not obstacles. Learn how to keep an eye on the workflow to achieve goals on time. With more focus on the target, obstacles will distract you less. Good contributors stand out in the insight of critical thinking. They find themselves humbly doing what is functionally necessary to solve problems through elegant solutions. LEARNING FROM CRITICAL THINKERS Until recently, I had never stopped to question myself about the difference between critical thinking, critical thinking and critical judgment. As stupid as it may seem, I have always made the duty to develop the mind-thought-judgment critic (s) of my students, and that of my own daughters . So I widened the subject and I share my thoughts around the place of the school, including. And yet, at times I forget almost everything I've written in this article. At times I get hooked by the `I can't do it' or the `I'm not good enough' story. At times I go into avoidance mode. At times I lose touch with my values, fail to follow through on my commitments, and act in self-defeating ways. Because I'm a normal human being: fallible and imperfect. Just like you. And this will happen to all of us.

Repeatedly. Personally, my biggest ongoing challenge is in the realm of health. In my early twenties, I was not only obese but dangerously unfit, to the extent of having mild high blood pressure. Singing does it too, but not all of us have Susan Boyle's abilities. Humming clears up mental cobwebs and negative thoughts. It also relaxes your neck, face, head, and shoulder muscles that have tightened due to stress. The more you hum, the less you think about the stressful problems at hand. Your breath is everything. Everything lives and breathes. When you take time, and realize your breath, it changes everything. A lot of people breathe really fast. There's a great fact about turtles and rabbits. In a ten minute span, turtles breathe about two or three times, and that's why they live for centuries. Distinguish the concepts The critical mind that nurtures critical thinking At first, the critical mind is a general predisposition that the human has to interpret various realities, tangible or not, in a critical way, that is to say in a way to appreciate something based on criteria. Predetermined by the thinker. In this respect, the mind nourishes thought. Critical thinking: mobilizing reason in reflective activity For its part, critical thinking is the capacity to mobilize reason in a reflexive activity.

Indeed, in a world in constant turmoil, where we are constantly bombarded with information, it allows us to take the time to analyze objectively (or rather aiming at objectivity) what the universe sends us. It makes it possible to go beyond the simple theoretical and informative activity at the base of our own knowledge, created from that of others and from what emerges from nature, to question it and to draw, in a way, our own conclusions. According to an investigative activity. In my mid-twenties, I started taking better care of myself: exercising and being more sensible about what I ate, and slimming down to a healthy body weight. While I have never gone back to being overweight or dangerously unfit, I do periodically backslide to some degree. There are periods where I eat very healthily, exercise regularly and get myself trim and terrific. And there are other periods where I stop exercising, stuff my face with chocolate, cookies and ice-cream, and pile on the weight again. And then I recognise that I've gone off track, and get back on track again. And so on and so on. This isn't ideal; The fact is, no matter how good we get at mindful, values-based living - even if we become Zen masters - there will be times that we forget. We'll fall back into old habits, we'll act in self-defeating ways, and we will hurt and suffer as a result. Our minds don't want to accept this. Rabbits take short, rapid breaths. And they don't live very long, do they? STUCK IN A TRAFFIC JAM AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO? OR AT THE AIRPORT AND THE FLIGHT IS DELAYED? When you're anxious, agitated, or about to snap, take five deep breaths, four counts inhale, and eight counts exhale. If you can't do four, do as much as you can. Even three counts will do.

But the idea is to release more air than you take in. So you're inhaling and exhaling in the 1:2 ratio. If it gets difficult to take deeper, slower breaths, think of a happy image. The goal of this exercise is to take action: coherent relativism encourages action as much as reason (Barrau, 2016: 82). The thought influences the action essentially on two levels: on the one hand, to decide what to believe or not to believe and, The activity is rigorous and coherent: coherent relativism (. It does not deny the importance of the truth or its effectiveness within a system, but it questions, beyond, the legitimacy of this system (Barrau, 2016: 80). This coherence is confirmed by a rigor that makes the critical thinker go further in his intellectual activity: he verifies the sources, compares them with other sources, he identifies the nuances, he identifies the bases of consensus and objectification. In the process, he becomes aware of his own biases and challenges them openly. He also crosses the opinions of others, especially at a time when so-called social traditional media are increasingly pouring into pre-formatted information in the form of editorials. Critical thinking is therefore a complex intellectual activity since it is self-regulating, self-correcting and resulting from a metacognitive activity. On the one hand, it allows a certain rectification of one's own thought to flesh out the quality of the conceptions of reality that are, in fact, dynamic. We correct our conceptions on a regular basis and, beyond the awareness of our own cognitive biases, we use the reason to override them in our quest for a certain truth, the most objective possible. Our minds want us to become perfect; And they're quick to beat us up when this doesn't happen. But reality doesn't cater to the wishes of our minds. Perfection may exist in the world of fantasy, of superheroes, magical beings and gods. But it doesn't exist down here on earth. So should we give up? Although we'll never be perfect, we can keep on learning and growing until the day we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.